VHS Footage

James and Faysal sent me a link to some tests they did with the Panasonic VHS camera. I wasn't at theirs at the time, which is where the camera is currently being kept but their friend came over with some blank VHS tapes and they couldn't resist!


Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

The footage is everything I had hoped for. I have been wanting to achieve a degraded VHS aesthetic for a long time with my work and this is absolutely perfect, it has the potential to be used in this and further projects. With the abundance of VHS tapes available as most people get rid of all their old equipment their opens up a world of possibilities and experimentation. To me, this is the most exciting development in the project so far. I was pretty gutted I couldn't be their for the initial testing of the camera but am glad it has been done successfully.

0 comments: